Practice Nurses carry out travel vaccination at the surgery(except yellow Fever vaccination and vaccines that are charged).
To arrange to be vaccinated for travel
- Make an appointment with the surgery nurse at least 6 weeks prior to travel
- Please complete our Travel Questionnaireand return it to the surgery at least one week prior to your nurses appointment
- The nurses will research your destination, she will contact you(if required) and issue a prescription for the required vaccinations.
- You will need to collect the prescription before your appointment and get this change at your local pharmacy
- Bring the vaccines to your nurses appointment.
The following travel vaccinations are free to patients:
The following travel vaccinations are chargeable to patients
If required, you must attend the travel vaccination clinic (see Travel Vaccine Questionnaire)
(please note the below prices are only used as a guide – prices may vary)
Vaccines, price per dose
Number of doses required
Minimum time before travel for completed course
Cholera (full course)
Encephalitis, tick borne
Hepatitis B, junior
Influenza (for travel)
Rabies, pre-exposure only
If required, You must attend Yellow Fever Centre
(see Travel Vaccine Questionnaire)
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the recommended vaccines
- Please take into account that only two vaccinations are recommended at any one time