Coronavirus UPDATE – CoVid-19
The surgery has now suspended all appointments in the practice until further notice. Please DO NOT ATEND any appointments previously booked.
The doctor will contact you by telephone. (Please ensure your telephone numbers are up to date with the practice)
The doctors will be carrying out telephone triage only. This is in order to protect our patients, staff and reduces the spread of infection.
If you suspect you have Coronavirus:
- Why Can I Not Come to the Practice?
- WE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO PERFORM PROTECTIVE ASSESSMENT OF CORONAVIRUS CASES
- GP surgeries are not properly equipped to handle such cases as you will need specialist testing and care
- We do not have any personal protective equipment required to deal with a suspected case of Coronavirus COVID-19
- By turning up at surgery, you risk the surgery, yourself and others at risk - This cannot be stressed enough
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY IN PERSON
PLEASE CALL NHS 111 or check https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or if necessary contact the surgery
Public Health recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or
- See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not
- See hand washing guidance.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Bank Holidays Closures
The surgery will be CLOSED
Tuesday 17 March 2020 - St Patricks Day
Monday 13 April 2020 - Easter Monday
Tuesday 14 April 2020 - Easter Tuesday
Friday 8 May 2020 - May Day (has been moved to 8 May 2020 as part of the 75th Anniversary of VE Day commemorations.)
Monday 25 May 2020 - Bank Holiday
Monday 13 July 2020 - July Holidays
Tuesday 14 July 2020 - July Holidays
Friday 31 August - Bank Holiday
Friday 25 December - Christmas Day
Monday 28 December - Boxing Day
IN CASE OF A MEDICAL EMERGENCY PLEASE PHONE THE OUT OF HOURS SERVICE ON
GP out of hours Services
North and west Belfast : (028)90 744447
South and East Belfast : (028)92 602204
North Down & Ards areas: (028) 9182 2344
Down & Lisburn areas: (028) 9260 2204
ANY PATIENTS REQUIRING REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS OVER THESE BANK HOLIDAY PERIODS WILL NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ORDERED AND COLLECTED THESE PRESCRIPTIONS IN ADVANCE.
GP OUT OF HOURS IS NOT A ROUTINE SERVICE FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS AND REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS WILL ONLY BE ISSUED BY OUT OF HOURS PROVIDERS IN AN EMERGENCY.
The Practice will close one afternoon per month for staff training
This will be the 3rd Monday of each month (excluding July & August)
Please see Opening Times - Practice Training for more details