Practice Nurses carry out travel vaccination at the surgery(except yellow Fever vaccination).
To arrange to be vaccinated for travel
- Make an appointment with the surgery nurse at least 6 weeks prior to travel
- Please complete our Travel Questionnaire and return it to the surgery at least one week prior to your nurses appointment
- The nurses will research your destination, she will contact you(if required) and issue a prescription for the required vaccinations.
- You will need to collect the prescription before your appointment and get this change at your local pharmacy
- Bring the vaccines to your nurses appointment.
*****Please ensure your contact details are up to date*****
Please note that the surgery charges a £10 admin fee for travel vaccinations and some non NHS vaccines will be at a charge for administering.
The see below for more information regarding fees.
The following travel vaccinations are free to patients:
The following travel vaccinations are chargeable to patients:
Like any other professional, your Doctor is entitled to charge a fee for work that does not fall under the umbrella of the NHS. This includes provision of the following travel health vaccines and paperwork:
You will be given a Private Prescription (£10) for the following vaccines if required
Consultation Appointment – Admin Fee £10.00
Vaccines, price per dose
Number of doses required
Minimum time before travel for completed course
Cholera (full course)
Encephalitis, tick borne
Hepatitis B, junior
Influenza (for travel)
Rabies, pre-exposure only
If required, You must attend Yellow Fever Centre
(see Travel Questionaire for details)
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the recommended vaccine
- Please take into account that only two vaccinations are recommended at any one time